Learning Learning 2013updated 4 May 2013
About our Newsletter
Learning Learning is the SIG newsletter and is published online (ISSN 1882-1103) by the JALT Learner Development SIG in Tokyo, Japan. To view the PDF files requires at least version 5 of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
We would like to encourage new writing and new writers and are also very happy to work with you in developing your writing. We would be delighted to hear from you about your ideas, reflections, experiences, and interests to do with learner development, learner autonomy and teacher autonomy.
We hope to publish the next issue of Learning Learning in April 2013. The deadline for manuscripts for the April issue is the end of January 2013; the due date for the fall issue is the end of July. Ideally, we would like to hear from you well before these deadlines, but in reality, the door is always open, so feel free to contact one of the editors when you are ready:
- James Underwood (jamesmichaelunderwood ATMARK gmail DOT com)
- Glenn Magee (roseeikaiwa AT MARK gmail DOT com)
- Fumiko Murase (fumikomurase AT MARK gmail DOT com)
- Monika Szirmai (szirmaimonika AT MARK gmail DOT com)
Planned publication dates for 2013The SIG plans to publish two issues of Learning Learning in 2013.
Types of writing we would like to encourage
- April 2013: Learning Learning 20(1)
- September-October 2013: Learning Learning 20(2)
- articles (about 2,500 to 4,000 words)
- reports (about 500 to 1,000 words)
- learner histories (about 500 to 1,000 words)
- stories of autonomy (about 500 to 1,000 words)
- book reviews (about 500 to 1,000 words)
- letters to the SIG (about 500 words)
- personal profiles (100 words more or less)
- critical reflections (100 words more or less)
- research interests (100 words more or less)
- poems... and much more...
Special Realizing Autonomy Conference Proceedings issue of Learning Learning
Available Now! Realizing Autonomy Proceedings TOC
「学習の学習特別号」 Realizing Autonomy学会紀要
Past issues of Learning Learning
Issues of Learning Learning going all the way back to 1994 are now available in PDF format, with some exceptions. Many thanks to founding co-coordinator Richard Smith for scanning archival copies, many of which were originally printed on an old Risograph, collated by hand, and mailed in hard copy. We hope to get our full archive uploaded soon.
All pieces are copyright of their respective authors. Permission to re-print and/or re-produce online writing from Learning Learning should be sought directly from the author(s) concerned. If arrangements are made for the reprinting and/or re-production online of an article originally published in Learning Learning, we respectfully request that the full citation reference for the original article in Learning Learning be included with the re-printed and/or re-produced online version.