LD SIG Kansai Get Together #12
December 3rd, 2016 10:30 – 13:00
In attendance: Agi Patko, Katherine Thornton, Ann Flanagan, Shuji Narita, Jennifer Teeter and Anita Aden
Not able to attend: Richard Silver, Yoshio Nakai
HOMEWORK for the 1/21 meeting is to read the current issue of Learning Learning.
2017 Kansai GT dates: *3rd Saturday of each month gathering
- January 21st (Saturday)
- February 18th (Saturday)
- March 18th (Saturday)
Where: Hito Machi Koryukan Community Centre (Kyoto)
Time: 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 (approx. 2 hours) When: Saturday mornings
July 9th, No August meeting, September 24th, October 8th, November 12th, December 10th
NOTES from this month’s meeting:
- The main focus of this month’s Get Together was on the collaborative K2W post conference article for LD SIG’s Learning Learning newsletter.
- The deadline is February 28th, 2017 for the April 2017: Learning Learning edition.
- LINK: https://ld-sig.org/information-for-contributors/
- Article length is 2500 – 4000 words
- Editor is: Arnold Arai
1. Choose a good method of communication for the K2W conference write-up.
Some suggestions include: basecamp, asana, trello — your recommendations?
2. SURVEY made on Survey Monkey and sent to K2W participants and the presenters – sent by 12/10 — sent with the link for the PHOTOS (Agi)
How did participating in the K2W conference influence you?
Did you use the poster guidelines in your preparation? If yes, was this handout helpful to you?
Feedback about the topics: Did you _______?
3. Read the feedback about the conference or add more notes:
4. Task / Timeline for the LL article – sign up for a section to be written by 12/22
- Rationale for conference: Katherine
- Aims: Anita
- Preparation: Agi, Anita, Katherine
- Logistics (Duties and Outcomes) and Guidelines: Ann
- Students Voice: Agi
- Teachers Voice:_________
- Literature Review (CLT and JASAL): Katherine and Jen
- Reflections (lessons learned / advice ) and Conclusion: ____________
- Japanese description: Shuji
- FLP – March 26th
- PAN SIG – Akita May 19-21
- JALT CALL – Matsuyama June 6 -18
K2W CONFERENCE #2
SUNDAY, JUNE 11th at Kyoto University 4 Rooms available
- Advertise this event as a chance to volunteer for a JALT conference.
- Goal: 40 -50 participants
- Make a SITE visit plan
- Encourage 1st year students to attend (maybe not enough time to prepare as a presenter)
- Goal for the next K2W conference is to have students lead / coordinate some parts of the conference.